Re: [Old] Microsoft Chief Doesn't Just Kill Linux. He Kills Animals, Too.

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 22 January 2007 16:17 \__
>
> > begin  oe_protect.scr
> > Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> >> __/ [ Andrea ] on Monday 22 January 2007 12:40 \__

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/07/04/ms_execs_hunting_trip_illegally/

> >> I know very little about Kempin (just seen his photo earlier), but John
> >> says he has a strong German accent. I bet he listens to hardcore Wagner
> >> just before he picks up the handset and phones H-P and Dell, who
> >> apparently wish to support Linux.
> >>
> >> The exchange of E-mail has already revealed this strategies. I am just
> >> suprised that these illegal acts are being ignored by industry watchdogs.
> >>

> > I think the morals and ethics of senior people running companies which
> > compete with Linux are absolutely on topic for this group.  I hope Mr
> > Kempin emjoyed breaking the law in this way, although, as he works for
> > Microsoft, it was probably something of a busman's holiday.
>
> I personally think that anyone who kills many animals for play should be
> arrested for mental disorder that endangers society. No such man belongs in
> civilisation. I'm sure Microsoft is proud of all his threats, which kept
> Microsoft alive. Is it acceptable behaviour? Hell no. Being an exec in a
> large company he implicitly threatens smaller OEMs by putting their job at
> risk. It's one of these "comply or be shot" tactics.

The only mental disorder here is Roy Schestowitz and Mark Kent who blow
this story completely out of proportion. The guy was hunting without a
valid hunting license. Wow... go to upstate NY or Vermont on any given
weekend during hunting season and you'll find a half-dozen people being
fined for this on any given day.

He also used "tags" that were bought for his wife and children. Anyone
who hunts knows that this is fairly common practice. Most counties have
a "limit" of one buck/antelope/moose/etc per hunter. It's very common
to buy a tag (aka - a permit) for family members (wife, kids,
grandmother, etc) and use those tags.

It's the mental patients like Roy and Mark are the ones who portray
this as if the guy had a bunch of animals in his back yard that he was
torturing or something. Hunting is perfectly legal in this country.
There's a difference between "hunting" and their twisted words of
"killing animals for play."