Re: [News] New Linux User is a Former Microsoft Fanboy

  • Subject: Re: [News] New Linux User is a Former Microsoft Fanboy
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:52:34 +0000
  • Furshlugginer-trolls: amicus_curious, Bill Gates, DFS, flatfish, Snit, Wrong, Quack, Qualig......etc.
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:50:55 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> How Microsoft Lost a Customer
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | While growing up I only used Microsoft products as I had no need to
> | use anything else. When Windows XP first came out I purchased it
> | within a week of its release date. At that point you could have even
> | called me a Microsoft Fanboy as anything Microsoft did was absolutely
> | correct there was no other way.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Today I use Linux, but still follow Microsoft because that is
> | what the average person uses. For me to convert back to Windows
> | it will take Microsoft about two years of staying on top of
> | updates and having a secure operating system. Right now I want
> | to believe in Microsoft, but their history speaks for them. It
> | is hard to believe that they have changed until its proven with
> | the test of time.
> `----
>
> http://zacgarrett.com/2006/12/17/How-Microsoft-Lost-a-Customer/
>
> If Zac could make this mental and technical transition, so can our resident
> trolls.

I doubt they (the trolls) could tie their own bootlaces (if they're
allowed to have shoes with laces in the "home"). Before I filtered them,
the trolls used to regularly post that they couldn't do this, couldn't do
that, etc in linux (maybe they still do). I often wondered whether they
could find their own arse with both hands, & did they know how incompetent
& stupid they looked....or did they even care. Lord knows who would employ
them, I *certainly* wouldn't have.

--
Windows - HELL of a way
to abuse a computer.