Re: [News] 7 Reasons to Move from Windows to Linux

"wjbell" <wjbell@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Still using XP? Here's 7 reasons why you should consider Ubuntu

>> | # It's safer
> Maybe.
>
>> | # It's cheaper
> Not if you value your time to any degree.
>
>> | # It's more efficient
> As a server, yeah.  As a desktop, no.
>
>> | # It's easier to install
> HAHAHA
>
>> | # It's more stable
> Sure.  Primitive applications == primitive system demands.
>
>> | # It's open source
> And?
>
>> | # It's easy to use
> ...for a kernel hacker.

I agree. When will Linux goobs learn that Linux is just not ready for the
mass desktop market?

Mass market refers to the crowd that wants to
"buy-it---plug-it-in---it-had-better-work----with-no-gurus-or-admins-or-tweaks".

You know, like a TV. Plug in the power, plug in the cable, push the button.

Linux won't be mass market until vendors sell it preinstalled on new PCs,
ready-to-go. There are not many of those yet.