Re: MS pays fines in MS software licenses ..

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Sunday 21 January 2007 12:52 \__

> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 19 January 2007 08:12 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> __/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Friday 12 January 2007 17:01 \__

>>> Microsoft was found guilty. Its payment is admission of this (merely an
>>> attempt to escape prosection). Why the heck should more software be
>>> acquired from the criminal? Why does this recur? It's outrageous.
>>>
>>> The scenario is intended to end up with jailed executives, not a
>>> settlement that shackles even /more/ people, especially now that software
>>> is made which is more Draconian than ever before.
>>>
>>> Parables involving drug dealers spring to mind.
>>>

>> This is the height of third-world and US corruption.  I've no idea how
>> on earth anyone could possibly consider this to be a settlement of any
>> kind.  Are Microsoft not considered to be the world's richest company by
>> many?  Should they not be fined?  Do not the legal people understand
>> that Microsoft's production costs are ZERO?  Do they not understand that
>> vouchers for Microsoft software merely means that Microsoft have yet
>> again broken the law and got away with it?
>
> The "production cost" part of your argument is a nice one... worth a mental
> note! Punish the drug dealer by giving him a lethal (but not deadly) doze
> of cocaine. Microsoft is trippin'.

Oops. I meant to write "dose", not "doze". But I guess a "doze of cocaine"
could be justified as well. Put them to sleep...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
they discredit those without word. --Ed, c.o.l.a.