Re: [News] Windows Zombie Spewage (SPAM) Hits New Record Levels

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Zombie Spewage (SPAM) Hits New Record Levels
  • From: "Guy Fawkes" <spare_the_rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:24:47 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
news:2325207.h8P6N0LV7p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Spam is back, and worse than ever
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | New computer viruses have contributed to the uptick, also,
> | particularly a surprisingly prolific Trojan horse program
> | called "SpamThru" that turns home computers into
> | spam-churning "bots."
> `----
>
> http://redtape.msnbc.com/2007/01/spam_is_back_an.html
>
> Stop SPAM. Use Linux.

Although I'm a great Linux fan, I doubt whether Linux will be much better
than Windows in this respect since most of the new infections are due to
people opening executables in e-mail attachments. Most of the infections
could be avoided if people merely run on limited user accounts instead of
Administrator. I have set up Windows XP in exact such a manner on my parents
computers and there hasn't been an infection since.