Re: How to Suck Up to Microsoft

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 10 July 2007 15:41 : \____

>> This is hilarious. The ego maniacs at Microsoft begin to seem like a
>> religious cult.
>
> That's what I thought, too.  It's a long-standing talking point of the
> Microsoft Propaganda Ministry to make all open source advocates seem
> like religious fanatics (because they don't do it for money, or some
> such thing), but when you read this, it's the Microsoft people who
> seem like the zealots who are out of touch with reality.  They're out
> of touch with reality because they really believe, and they want you
> to believe, that their world is the only world, that nothing exists
> outside of them.

Think of it as a gentlemen's club that's shockingly vain. It's a clique living
in seclusion, only prepared to allow entry to those whose blood they can suck.

Have a look:

Why it is so difficult to be a Microsoft partner?

,----[ Quote ]
| And that is one of the reasons that the Web 2.0 market and the open
| source / independent market will survive - because it can't afford
| to be a Microsoft partner!
`----

http://exsto.typepad.com/communities_of_practice/2007/04/why_is_it_so_di.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: stop maintenance; get more actual work done
Tasks: 114 total,   1 running, 113 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie