[News] SourceForge Starts Open Source Contest; Open Source Software Comes to SOA; Open Source Content is Like a Baby

  • Subject: [News] SourceForge Starts Open Source Contest; Open Source Software Comes to SOA; Open Source Content is Like a Baby
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:14:09 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open Source Community Honors Its Best and Brightest

,----[ Quote ]
| The second annual SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards build on the
| resounding community interest and success of the inaugural awards.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0275543.htm

Bringing Open Source to SOAs

,----[ Quote ]
| Although large commercial vendors made early strides into the market for SOA
| software, open-source components are rapidly finding their way into the
| picture.
|
| Vendors such as Iona Technologies, Red Hat, MuleSource, WSO2, Sun
| Microsystems and even IBM are pushing open-source components as key pieces of
| service-oriented architecture implementations.

A Life in the Day: Florence Devouard [of Wikipedia]

,----[ Quoite ]
`----

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/article2027538.ece