Re: fine grained difference

____/ siju on Tuesday 10 July 2007 07:46 : \____

> Hi all,
>
> I was reading the book Ubuntu Linux Unleashed by paul hudson and
> andrew hudson.
>
>  In this book a paragraph is written as follows.
>
>  the command line is also known as the shell,the console,the command
> prompt,and the CLI. For the purposes of this chapter these are
> interchangeable,although there are fine-grained differences between
> them.
>
> Now my question is what is this fine grained difference ???

Just a semantic/conceptual difference. It's essentially (in practice) the same
thing unless you are being very pedantic or talk about one particular
(fine-grain) aspect, e.g. the prompt.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Software patents destroy innovation
Swap:  1510068k total,   227200k used,  1282868k free,   100476k cached