[News] Virtualisation Company Goes to Wall Street, Google Buys Another for $0.6 Billion

  • Subject: [News] Virtualisation Company Goes to Wall Street, Google Buys Another for $0.6 Billion
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:55:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
VMware sets IPO price, and Intel will invest

,----[ Quote ]
| VMware, the EMC subsidiary that brought virtualization software to the
| mainstream, said Monday that it expects to raise $741.4 million in its
| initial public stock offering--and that Intel will supply another $218.5
| million.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6195596.html

Google to buy e-mail security company for $625 million

,----[ Quote ]
| Google said on Monday it has agreed to acquire e-mail security company
| Postini for $625 million expanding its package of online applications
| to compete with Microsoft's Office software.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6195408.html

Related:

MySQL CEO says IPO one step in long-term plan

,----[ Quote ]
| The chief executive of database software developer MySQL AB said on
| Tuesday he intends to take his company public, though perhaps not this
| year.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070424:MTFH48583_2007-04-24_22-15-20_N24452475&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/3byzlm

The Year of Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that Windows will continue to succumb to Linux in the data
| center, MySQL and Postgres will continue to win projects that once
| fell to Oracle and DB/2.
`----

http://virtualization.sys-con.com/read/162110_p.htm

Virtualization: Linux's killer app