[News] With or Without Microsoft, Windows-Linux Interopability is Improved

  • Subject: [News] With or Without Microsoft, Windows-Linux Interopability is Improved
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 05:10:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Windows/Linux Symbiosis - Not a Dream Anymore

,----[ Quote ]
| A quick search on Google for tutorials regarding Linux and Windows
| interoperability, will reveal a lot of guides on how to install (emulate)
| Windows on a virtual machine inside Linux or how to migrate from Windows to
| Linux or how to dual boot Windows and Linux, but what I was really looking
| for was a way to run Windows and Linux at the same time, on the same machine;
| sharing the same desktop, working with the applications from both operating
| systems at the same time, without having a virtual machine window open or God
| knows what else.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-Linux-Symbiosis-Not-a-Dream-Anymore-59314.shtml

Running Windows Server at home

,----[ Quote ]
| One common alternative that's been posited to Windows Server in a home
| environment is Linux -- specifically, a user-friendly variety of Linux that's
| been written to coexist with Windows systems. Linux has come a long way from
| being a no-GUI, hackers-only system, thanks to the various development
| communities that have sprung up around it and created highly personable (and
| personalizable) versions of the operating system. Many of them can be
| installed on a given PC with relatively little hassle, and made to serve as a
| file or printer sharing system.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;505135999;fp;2;fpid;2

Office for Mac and the interoperability divide

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9740515-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20