Re: [News] [Rival] Dell Goes Against Microsoft, Becomes Vista "Party Pooper"

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 19:00:01 +0100,
 [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Jim Richardson spake thusly:
>
>>> As one of only two countries in the world to outright reject the
>>> Kyoto Treaty, the US now has the dubious honour of being the single
>>> biggest threat to the environment. Meanwhile every other country
>>> seems to be quite willing and able to bear the necessary financial
>>> cost of this undertaking, that apparently the US finds
>>> "unacceptable".
>>

>> Bull, even the EU itself won't meet the kyoto required reductions.
>
> At least they've made the commitment, rather than dismissed the treaty
> outright. Also:

relevent how?

> "If the Enforcement Branch determines that an Annex I country is not in
> compliance with its emissions limitation, then that country is required
> to make up the difference plus an additional 30%. In addition, that
> country will be suspended from making transfers under an emissions
> trading program."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Protocol#Enforcement
>
>>> Meanwhile, US government funded global-warming denialists produce
>>> "studies" like this one, entitled "Carbon Dioxide is Good for the
>>> Environment":
>>
>>> http://www.nationalcenter.org/NPA334.html
>>
>>> Somehow I doubt very much if the almost 6 billion tonnes of CO2
>>> spewing out of the US annually, is doing the environment much good.
>>>

>> Certainly does the trees good :)
>
> Only if one ignores the long-term effects:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_global_warming#Forest_fires

Sorry, with all the hype and disagreement on what is, isn't and could
be, results of climate change (anthro or non) I am not willing to take
wikipedia as a first line source.

>> And we have a lot of those.
>
> Not nearly as many as we used to:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation

There's more people. These days, the pop growth in the US is due almost
entirely to immigration, rather than birth rates.

I never believe anything until it's been officially denied.