Re: [News] [Rival] Dell Goes Against Microsoft, Becomes Vista "Party Pooper"

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 08 July 2007 13:45 : \____

>> ____/ Jim Richardson on Sunday 08 July 2007 01:54 : \____
>
>>> Just to pick one question, how was the Kyoto treaty broken ?
>>
>> Wrong word, I guess. There's clear disregard though, isn't it? I've
>> just tried finding one particular BBC article that I had in mind,
>> without immediate success.
>
> Well when the world's biggest (equal) CO2 polluter refuses to ratify a
> treaty against CO2 and Methane emissions, I'd say that pretty much
> breaks it. It certainly severely damages that treaty's goal.
>
> As one of only two countries in the world to outright reject the Kyoto
> Treaty, the US now has the dubious honour of being the single biggest
> threat to the environment. Meanwhile every other country seems to be
> quite willing and able to bear the necessary financial cost of this
> undertaking, that apparently the US finds "unacceptable".
>
> Meanwhile, US government funded global-warming denialists produce
> "studies" like this one, entitled "Carbon Dioxide is Good for the
> Environment":
>
> http://www.nationalcenter.org/NPA334.html
>
> Somehow I doubt very much if the almost 6 billion tonnes of CO2 spewing
> out of the US annually, is doing the environment much good.

I think that China recently topped the US in terms of emissions, but it is
still no excuse for America's active /denial/ of the problem, which is
damaging as a whole. Even over here I'm finding people who are lured into
these convenient lies that are spewed out from shill 'scientists' who are
funded by oil companies.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | < http://debian.org >
 15:00:04 up 21 days, 20:28,  7 users,  load average: 2.93, 1.95, 1.78