Re: [News] South African Government Continues Moves to Free Software

"John Locke" <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 16:19:13 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> "The demo project labs and audio-visual centres are being installed by
> five consortia, at their own cost, headed by HP, Cisco, Microsoft, AMD
> and Oracle"

> Did anyone notice that Microshaft was involved here...they've got
> their dirty little fingers in every cookie jar.
> ...and I didn't see mention of which Linux distro was being used.

Microsoft is a follower of the "keep your friends close and your enemies
closer" approach to business domination.

It seems to me that they are usually involved to msiguide the project until
they can reverse engineer it and claim another "innovation".

Have you ever watched the business deals that small companies enter into
with Microsoft.  It seems that MS usually buys them and renames the product
as another MS "innovation", comes out with their own "innovative" software
and breaks off the agreement with the small business or gets sued by the
small business for patent infingement.

Doing business with the devil is almost always a losing proposition.

jim