[News] Open Source Conferences Comes to India

  • Subject: [News] Open Source Conferences Comes to India
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 16:09:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Upcoming MySQL Camps in India

,----[ Quote ]
| Building on the momentum of created by OSS Camp-Mumbai, and having received
| very positive response from the OSS community -- a second Indian OSS Camp has
| been scheduled for September 8 - 9, 2007 in Delhi.
`----

http://solutions.mysql.com/news/release_1358.html

Open Source Software Camp Delhi

,----[ Quote ]
| OSS Camp is an ad-hoc unconference motivated by the desire of learning by
| sharing. We at OSS Camp believe in the ideology of Open Source and thus
| create an open environment to facilitate learning at OSS Camps. These camps
| are intense events with discussions, presentations, and interactions from our
| participants. At OSS Camps, every attendee is a participant. Anyone willing
| to contribute or wishing to learn is welcome in to the community.
`----

http://www.osscamp.in/OSSCampDelhi/index.php?title=OSS_Camp_Delhi

Related:

Indian Policy Makers Call For Greater Use Of Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| A wide spectrum of policy makers called for the greater usage of open
| source to modernize India in the digital era and the re-evaluation of
| the laws pertaining to Intellectual Property. The event sought to examine
| the notion of intellectual "property," in the context of traditional
| knowledge, globalization and the growth of the open source movement
| worldwide.
`----

http://in.sys-con.com/read/281396_p.htm

Forum for Open Source Initiatives in India Formed

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itnewsonline.com/showstory.php?storyid=7997&scatid=8&contid=1