[News] Toshiba to Use Linux Software in New Products

  • Subject: [News] Toshiba to Use Linux Software in New Products
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 06:06:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ocean Blue Wins order to Develop Software for Toshiba 'Donau' "system-on-chip"
ICs

,----[ Quote ]
| The new Linux-based software will allow for fast development of
| reduced component count consumer electronics products, such as
| set top boxes (STBs), integrated digital televisions (iDTVs),
| personal video recorders (PVRs), and combination hard disk/DVD
| recorder systems.
`----

http://www.digitaltvnews.net/items/070706oceanblue.htm

Quite a big step for such a Windows-centric company (HD-DVD, poor Linux support
on laptops).

Related:

Toshiba Italy mulls pre-loaded Linux notebooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Toshiba's Italian channel sales and marketing operation reportedly
| is considering offering pre-loaded Linux in its Tecra, Satellite, Portege,
| and Qosmio notebook lines, according to a story published online last week
| in the Il Sole newspaper.

Toshiba Gigabeat Added to Rockbox

,----[ Quote ]
| 2006-12-29: Toshiba Gigabeat builds added to the CVS build table and the
| daily builds.
`----

http://www.rockbox.org/

Some Toshiba portable computers cannot be upgraded to Windows Vista?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://itsvista.com/2007/04/some-toshiba-portable-computers-cannot-be-upgraded-to-windows-vista/