[News] Red Hat Still Handles Free Software Wannabes, Shows Apathy

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Still Handles Free Software Wannabes, Shows Apathy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 05:59:25 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Is Red Hat doing its part to win the 'open source' war?

,----[ Quote ]
| Surely, RHX - the grand "open source" software collective - should stand
| as a model for the proper way to do business. Red Hat should take its
| position as a trend setter very seriously here, since so many of the
| open source fans we know consider this a do or die moment for holding
| on to the open source definition.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/05/redhat_rhx_osi_badgeware/

Open source government, open source intelligence, open source wine...

For those criticising Red Hat Exchange, perhaps it's time to look closely at
the companies that get included.