[News] ZDNet Eudcation Blog: Linux Has a Place in Education

  • Subject: [News] ZDNet Eudcation Blog: Linux Has a Place in Education
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 03:08:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux definitely has a place in education

,----[ Quote ]
| Given that these students are very quickly entering the workforce, I think we
| can certainly expect these attitudes and abilities to translate to industry.
| Will industry follow trends in education? If educators and their students are
| flexible, then business will be flexible as well. Whether Windows is around
| for 2 years or 200, the irrelevance of the OS will became more apparent, as
| will the irrelevance of Windows marketshare, however large that share might
| be.
`----

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=1136

The guy used to criticise Linux _a lot_ when he simply knew nothing about it.
For the past month he has been trying it a lot (different distributions). He
offered praises, so all the rants can be forgiven. It comes to show that those
who criticise Linux never really tried it (for a decent period of time).