Re: [News] Creative Customers Charged Extra Money for Vista Driver

> ____/ Linonut on Thursday 05 July 2007 22:35 : \____
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ian Hilliard belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>>>
> http://www.buy.soundblaster.com/_creativelabsstore/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category&page=product_detail&fromcategory=%20Software&category=Software&pid=F2222X767VHL73GYR38

>>> Who said that Vista hasn't increased incomes ;-)
>> Wow.  I'd have thought they'd let you download the driver for free.
>
> Someone mentioned this a couple of months ago, but it's only now that I see it
> for real. Apparently their teams have struggled and spent a lot of money
> writing drivers for the beast. It came at the expense of Linux drivers in this
> one particular case, IIRC. The same actually goes to ATI/AMD Linux drivers.
> Microsoft had companies stressed and distracted, which hurt Linux.

I wonder if that was part of the Vista strategy, or just a happy
accident (happy for MS, that is) <grin>.

Must be nice to be the company that people have to support, at their
expense, when you screw up on an ongoing basis.

--
Tux rox!