[News] Good Review of Fedora Linux; Interview with Project Manager

  • Subject: [News] Good Review of Fedora Linux; Interview with Project Manager
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 06:30:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Review: Flying High with Fedora 7

,----[ Quote ]
| As their "Flying High" theme promises, Fedora 7 is indeed a great plane to
| fly. It is a first class distro that demonstrates solid progress in improving
| the user experience, easing the move to virtualization and enabling the user
| to create their own flying machine through custom build tools.
`----

http://www.technetra.com/writings/archive/2007/07/01/review-fedora-7

A face-to-face conversation with Max Spevack of Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| I see a lot of people say "Well I've got 8 million users". And I don't hear
| anyone asking the follow up question of "Where did that number come from? How
| do you justify that?" At Red Hat, we're proactively trying to say here's our
| numbers and then, before you ask, here's where we got those numbers from.
`----

http://www.technetra.com/writings/archive/2007/07/01/face-to-face-with-max-spevack

Related:

First look at Fedora 7

,----[ Quote ]
| The last time I used Red Hat was version 5.2 back in 1999 when
| I was introduced to Linux by Andrew Tridgell (of Samba and
| rsync fame).
|
| [...]
|
| 8 out of 10 'Smarties'.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070604#feature

Review: Fedora 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 7 helps to convince me that the time when the major
| GNU/Linux distributions were distinctive is rapidly passing.
| These days, innovation seems centered on the desktop or the
| individual program. Major distributions have become so mature
| that their role is mostly integration, and they are starting
| to look increasingly the same.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3680246

Fedora 7 Moonshine - first impressions