[News] On Open Source Software Releases and Big Growth

  • Subject: [News] On Open Source Software Releases and Big Growth
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:55:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Alfresco rolls Web 2.0 features into CMS upgrade

,----[ Quote ]
| Alfresco Software is taking cues from the so-called Web 2.0 craze with
| the release of the latest version of its open source
| content-management software.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/070507-alfresco-rolls-web-20-features.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Dual, with GPL. From their marketing VP:

Maybe it will be true if all proprietary vendors hold hands and wish it so

,----[ Quote ]
| In the meantime, I guess open source is just going to have to settle for
| $35.7 billion worth of servers and desktop computers delivered with
| open source by 2008 (according to the European Commission's 2006
| report)...
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9739764-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

More new software for Linux is announced:

MetaCase releases MetaEdit+ 4.5 for Linux

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/9833.html