[News] A Look at the Latest Opensuse and Slackware (Screenshots)

  • Subject: [News] A Look at the Latest Opensuse and Slackware (Screenshots)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:34:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SLED 10 SP1 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell Inc. on June 18 released its first service pack for SUSE Linux
| Enterprise Server and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10. This service pack,
| also known as SP1, features significant enhancements in virtualization,
| high-performance computing, security, interoperability, and system
| management.
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9866.phtml

Linux: OpenSuse

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenSuse is, in my view the most polished and professional looking Linux
| distro around. Now that they have eliminated the problems that plagued
| release 10.1, and improved on the minor shortcomings of 10.2, I fully expect
| 10.3 to be an exceptional product, when it comes out this fall.
`----

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/7/4/7132/78343

Slackware 12.0 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Here are some of the advanced features of Slackware 12.0: runs the
| 2.6.21.5 version of the Linux kernel; system binaries are linked
| with the GNU C Library, version 2.5; X11 7.2.0...
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9865.phtml

Related and very recent:

SLED 10 SP1: a great Linux desktop gets better

,----[ Quote ]
| There's room for argument over which Linux desktop is the best. When it
| comes to integrating a Linux desktop into an already existing
| Windows-based office, though, there's not even a discussion. SLED
| 10 SP1 is by far the best Linux business desktop around.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT9100156015.html

Slackware 12.0 is released!

,----[ Quote ]
| That's right, the first 2.6(.21.5) based Slackware release is ready
| for download! We think you'll enjoy the latest kernel, KDE 3.5.7,
| XFce 4.4.1, HAL automounting for desktop users, an updated toolchain,
| and many other enhancements.
`----

http://www.slackware.com/index.php

Full Slackware 12.0 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I HIGHLY recommend Slackware 12 to anyone that has an open mind and isn’t
| afraid to maybe get their hands a tad dirty. Slackware won’t baby you like
| ubuntu, but you will learn a lot more about Linux with Slackware.
`----

http://deadfool.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/full-slackware-120-review/

Related:

Make your own distro, in easy steps