Re: [News] Linux Journal Looks Beyond GPLv3 'Fog'

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 05 July 2007 16:56 : \____

>> The Real Meaning of GNU GPLv3
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Taken together, these different aspects underline why the release of
>>| the final version of the GNU GPLv3 is such a big event. Its appearance
>>| represents the crystallisation of major trends within the world of
>>| technology and business ? and even beyond.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000246
>>
>> The Web is still littered with the words of Microsoft's shills on GPLv3.
>>

> Glyn Moody's article is very good.  Some of our locals should read this,
> particularly the bits about protecting users' freedom.  There are those
> here who would happily give up the freedom for a few sweets today.

I'm just flattered that he replied to my response. He agrees with my assertion
that Luddites (yes, I've grown to like using the word) have created a lot of
noise over nothing.

By the way, I might start publishing some short articles in the Internet's
press. I sort of got a go-ahead yesterday.

 02:05:03 up 19 days,  7:33,  4 users,  load average: 1.62, 1.91, 2.16