Re: [News] Linux Becomes Big in Europe, Britain Still Suffers from Discriminative Procurement Policies

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 05 July 2007 16:48 : \____

>> ____/ John Locke on Wednesday 04 July 2007 04:44 : \____
>>
>>> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 03:27:31 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> "With one contract, we are able to obtain both open-source and Windows
>>> server operating systems, which covers the demands of nearly all our
>>> customers," Pulvermüller said.
>>>
>>> Why not Red Hat?
>>>

>>>  "But most importantly, we received license certainty from Microsoft."
>>>
>>> Right..and  I'm gonna hit the lottery tomorrow.
>>
>> I spotted that BS as well. The Linux police from Redmond has already been
>> caught red-handed by Matt Anslett (journalist) while trying to shove such
>> FUD in the mouths of customers who know that IP is meaningless. Always be
>> suspicious.
>>

> Software patents are not valid in the UK.  There is nothing to license,
> indeed, no need to buy any kind of licence from Microsoft.

Maybe when Gates finally retires he'll move to London and flirt with Mr. Blair
a little more. I can assure you that Gates' retirement is bad news because it
will result in more lobbying. Never mind that fact that he's no longer the
richest man...

Be careful... he's smack you with his wallet. The man has already changed
legislation using money and power.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: stop maintenance; get more actual work done
 17:00:04 up 18 days, 22:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.45, 0.88, 0.59