Re: Make your own distro?

____/ William Poaster on Thursday 05 July 2007 15:06 : \____

> It was on, or about,  Thu, 05 Jul 2007 02:27:41 +0100, that as I was
> halfway through a large jam doughnut, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Rex Ballard on Wednesday 04 July 2007 15:50 : \____
>>

>>> On Jul 4, 10:11 am, Roy Schestowitz > Man, you really need to get back
>>> on those pills the doctor subscribed for you.
>>>
>>> With 27 years clean and sober, I don't take any drug for any longer
>>> than absolutely necessary.  And even then, I make sure the doctor
>>> understands that my situation.
>>>
>>> When I snapped my neck and back during some turbulance (felt like we
>>> were flying through a hurricane and I had fallen asleep with my head
>>> hanging down), I was able to get off short term pain medication (mood
>>> neutral) after about 2 weeks, by doing intense physical therapy.
>>>
>>> These days, about all I take is vitamins. - 1-A-day.
>>
>> No, no. I was talking to that "Hadron" thing. I couldn't reply to
>> him/her directly because those posts don't show up. S/He needs to be
>> told off for disregarding those who are more familiar with Linux than
>> him.
>
> Even though he admitted to using linux for only 2 years, Quack doesn't
> like people knowing more than him (& it seems he has problems with women
> who are smarter than him too). As you may have seen re Spike1, he doesn't
> like people with qualifications either.
>
>> S/he/it doesn't belong here.
>
> I would think few here would disagree with that, apart from the other
> trolls.

I just hope Rex wasn't offended in any way by this case of misinterpretation.

A bit off topic, by the way, and I don't wish to start a new thread on this,
but can anyone help me with mail filters? I wish to discard and bounce all
E-mails that contain an attachment with a certain suffix (DOC, XLS). I rarely
get any of these, but if it lands in my box, I  need to respond individually.
If it gets bounced with a reason, then it's a bot doing the work. The sender
of unwanted binary mess cannot be offended by Mrs. Mail Daemon.

I can filter based on headers and body, but can filenames of attachments be
probed? I use a typical LAMP server.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=