[News] Is AMD/ATI Shifting More Attention to Linux?

  • Subject: [News] Is AMD/ATI Shifting More Attention to Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 00:45:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The State of ATI Linux 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| With the DirectX 10.0 Vista driver now out the door, the software
| engineers have been working on the new Linux driver (and one for
| Microsoft Windows XP as well). AMD will not officially confirm
| this, of course. While the features for this yet to be released
| driver cannot be officially corroborated, the driver should contain
| OpenGL improvements including support for Compiz/Beryl/Compiz Fusion,
| video playback improvements, and last but not least the overdue
| Radeon HD 2000 series support.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=768&num=1

Related:

AMD applies make-up to the face of its Linux Control Centre

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest Catalyst for Linux package on AMD's ATI/Linux support page at the
| time of this writing is version 8.38.6, a 51MB+ download released six days
| ago...

ATI Releases FGLRX Linux Driver 8.35.5

,----[ Quote ]
| ATI has released their latest proprietary FGLRX driver for X11 on
| Linux. New for this release? The AMD Catalyst Control Center:
| Linux Edition is now included, replacing the old FireGL control panel.
`----

http://pcburn.com/article.php?sid=2188

Coming Soon: Catalyst Control Center - Linux Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, I have to bring you an exciting news: Catalyst Control
| Center - Linux Edition is coming soon. The Windows version of
| it has been redone and a Linux version of it is coming soon.
| Maybe in february, maybe later this year.
`----

http://www.phoronix.net/forums/showthread.php?t=926

AMD will deliver open graphics drivers

,----[ Quote ]