[News] Microsoft Getting Desparate to Make Linux Expernsive (It Fails)

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Getting Desparate to Make Linux Expernsive (It Fails)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 00:23:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MS: We'll only interoperate if you sign a patent deal. Red Hat: No.

,----[ Quote ]
| In other words, in my translation, Microsoft is refusing to interoperate well
| unless FOSS agrees to these patent deals, not just so it can collect money,
| but so it can get your brains to work for them. It also achieves a goal of
| FOSS costing more. Ever hear of the Microsoft tax? And it also allows
| Microsoft to put its heavy thumb on FOSS and reset its terms. You don't want
| to code for Microsoft and share your skills and your money? Don't wish to
| give up control or change your development model? Then they'll maybe sue you,
| and for sure they won't interoperate with you well.

We saw that coming last year. No 'tax', no play.

The Reason for All These Patent Deals?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/the_reason_for_all_these_patent_deals.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535