Re: [News] Rave Review of the New Slackware (12.0)

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 04 July 2007 13:24 : \____

>> Full Slackware 12.0 Review
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I HIGHLY recommend Slackware 12 to anyone that has an open mind and
>> | isn’t | afraid to maybe get their hands a tad dirty. Slackware
>> | won’t baby | you like | ubuntu, but you will learn a lot more about
>> | Linux with Slackware.
>> `----
>>
>> http://deadfool.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/full-slackware-120-review/
>
> Slackware 11 was an excellent release, but somehow Volkerding managed to
> top even that. Brilliant. The only thing that bugs me is he dropped
> Gnome, but that's easily resolved with Dropline.
>
> I also notice that he's dropped XMMS with this release. It's sad, but
> hardly surprising. Gentoo dropped it some time ago too. It's still
> available in Fedora 7 though, but I don't know for how much longer.

I just went over to

http://www.xmms.org/

in order to grab this photo for you

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/43518

The heading says "Bye Bye Gentoo!"

Looking at the top of the page, Thomas now says goodbye to Patrick.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=