Re: [News] No Patent Nonsense Needed for Interoperability, Shows Red Hat

____/ Roy Schestowitz on Wednesday 04 July 2007 01:25 : \____

> Red Hat, Microsoft talk Tux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Patent agreements, however, won't be on the table, as far as Red Hat
> | is concerned.
> `----
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS7070284756.html
>
> This is not new. Red Hat wanted interoperability, but never any of that other
> poison that Novell and others got /paid/ to accept.

I've just realised that Red Hat, unlike Linspire and Xandros which get locked
out of GPLv3-licnsed code, understands what it happening. The FSF has just
prevented Linux companies from making patent deals and making it alive in the
Linux world. Novell get a relief from an exemption because the deal predates
March 28th (grandfather clause).

Subject line should be "Nonsense is" (wrote this in a hurry, as usual).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
Swap:  1510068k total,   656184k used,   853884k free,    69432k cached