Re: Vista NOT More Secure Than Linux

____/  earlyblueberry@xxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 03 July 2007 16:40 : \____

> Thank you for your kindness.
> Your analogy of watermelons and garapes greatly helped me understand
> the myth of numbers.
> Still I am not sure why the author added the phrase ", which is a
> related (but not identical) conversation."
> The authos is criticizing the Jones' way of presenting data or he
> supports it?
>
> Jenny

I have not read the reports properly, so my interpretation of the semantics
might be wrong here. I am not sure what Paul thought about the way of
presenting the data (Joe Wilcox from Jupiter/Microsoft-Watch criticised it
though). As for the phrase, it just means that the former (figure) is only
possibly related to the latter, but not in any reliable way.

To use an analogy again (parable are fun! :-) ), the speed a car drives is
related to how much petrol is being burned. However, what happens when you
compare a /truck/ that drives at 50 MPH and a /small car/ that drives at 70?
Because the vehicles are different of scale, the comparison is complicated.
So, one can say the driving speed is related to how much fuel is consumed. It
does not, however, take account of other factors, such as size/motor/road
conditions.

If you require further explanation, let me know and I'll gladly answer.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired