[News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Olympic Games for Its Spyware Promotion

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Olympic Games for Its Spyware Promotion
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:27:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft to take part in the Olympic Games in 2008 with Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| On Friday in Beijing, the organizational committee for the Olympic Games
| 2008 and Microsoft China announced that the software vendor would be an
| official software supplier to the Games, which will be held the capital
| city of China.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/92112/from/rss09

BSoDs and endless activation prompts (it's pirated, no?).

| ....Bill Gates, citing China as an example, said:
|                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|   "Although about 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but
|   people don't pay for the software," he said. "Someday they will, though.
|   As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours.
|   They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to
|   collect sometime in the next decade."
`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html

Microsoft Happy with the Evolution of Windows Vista Piracy

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Happy-with-the-Evolution-of-Windows-Vista-Piracy-50577.shtml