[News] British Political Parties Move Away from Windows

  • Subject: [News] British Political Parties Move Away from Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 07:01:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The [UK] politics of open source

,----[ Quote ]
| There's been a suggestion of a shift towards open source in the
| houses of government in the UK recently, with the Conservative
| Party promising to promote open source if elected and the incumbent
| Labour Party releasing the code behind its new carbon footprint
| calculator under the General Public License.
|
| [...]
|
| PlaidCymru.org
| Apache on Linux (moved from Windows today)
|
| [...]
|
| SDLP.ie
| Apache on FreeBSD (moved from Windows today)
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/07/the_politics_of.html

Even Microsoft-Watch moved from Windows to Linux quite recently. It seems like
Windows can only conquer parked domains, essentially by paying Web hosts to
influence Netcraft figures.

Related:

Open Source Fights Back

,----[ Quote ]