Re: Google's Stealth Communication/Hardware Project and Communication Problems

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 03 July 2007 00:54 : \____

> On Jul 2, 11:16 am, z <gzuck...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Jul 2, 12:52 pm, "ness...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
>>
>> <ness...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I have the feeling that a lot of people are going to see or hear
>> > aboutSickoand say, Michael Moore is thesicko.  This is too bad because the
>> > health care system in the US *is* full of scandal and corruption.
>> > But he'd be more effective if he had chosen another name.  He'd also
>> > be more effective if he didn't look like such a slob.
>>
>> "Moore covers a lot of ground. Our team investigated some of the
>> claims put forth in his film. We found that his numbers were mostly
>> right, but his arguments could use a little more context. As we dug
>> deep to uncover the numbers, we found surprisingly few inaccuracies in
>> the film. In fact, most pundits or health-care experts we spoke to
>> spent more time on errors of omission rather than disputing the actual
>> claims in the film."
>> -Analysis: 'Sicko' numbers mostly accurate; more context
>> neededhttp://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/06/28/sicko.fact.check/index.html
>

> I'm afraid I've left the impression that because I fear Moore might
> make a bad impression I don't like his message.  Quite the contrary.
> Actually I haven't seen Sicko but I saw his film on Iraq.  I'm sure he
> contributed to the understanding that the war was begun under false
> premises.  I understand that currently there are still 40 or 50% of
> Americans who think Saddam was behind 9/11, and I'm sure it would be
> worse had it not been for his film.  Anyway, this is way OT so I'll
> stop.

It's definitely going off-topic, but sadly, the same corruption that you find
in politics often parallels that which you find in 'software politics'. I
guess it's a question of limiting scope to focus on Microsoft's (and ilk)
actions to defend itself against the movement for human (digital) rights.
That's where you can compare Moore to EFF, CC, and EC.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
Swap:  1510068k total,   461712k used,  1048356k free,    69148k cached