Re: Make your own distro?

____/ John Locke on Monday 02 July 2007 01:32 : \____

> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:18:19 -0400, "jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I think I saw something about a Linux package that allows you to basically
>>take a snapshot of your system and distribute it as a distro.
>>
>>Anybody got any info on that?
>>

> Here you go:
> http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/31/remixing-fedora-7/

PCLOS 2007 and Opensuse has such tools as well. Opensuse's friendly front-end
to this, however, is still work in progress. There's also rPath's rBuilder.
Building one's own distro (Live CD) is a matter of ticking some boxes.
Installer, partitioning and other things are not an issue. Slackware has some
scripts for creating derivatives...

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Vista - Windows for zombies (and human beings)