Re: [News] Maximum PC Magazine Likes the GNU Image Manipulation Program

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:44:48 +0100

> Yes, I agree entirely. To many people it's a 'religious' thing, but
> working with 15 separate images under a single parent windows isn't
> quite as good as being able to drag and drop files from the desktop,
> repositioning your toolboxes, putting them in separate screens and
> virtual desktops, etc. Photoshop adheres to the very simple workflow
> and mindset, which probably suit computer users who do one task at a
> time. Restore, close, minimise, restore, reboot, have a coffee break,
> then log in to E-mail (Hotmail) from the Blue E. A year ago I used a
> Windows PC to scan some papers (it was a high definition scanner) and
> using that Photoshop-like GUI was a pain that led to some costly
> mistakes (has to redo some scanning) and general nuisance.

Been there. GIMP is just much more productive for me. It can do all the
web art that I want, and I imagine that means it can do most of what
others want.

Above all I think it has to do with many freedom haters thinking that
because they found a key for it on the web that it *MUST* be worth
something and that they're working on some block of gold, just through
association.

--
The 14.4 dialup to the stereo is A.F.U. because of the terrible acting
by the kid who played anakin. The Network Admin is sleeping.