[News] Microsoft Already Plans to Copy from Apple's iPhone

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Already Plans to Copy from Apple's iPhone
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:45:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
iPhone Buzz Reaches to Microsoft's Back Yard

,----[ Quote ]
| Adrian, who asked that his last name not be used, was among the
| Microsoft employees standing in line at an Apple Store. Though he
| wouldn't point them out, he said that two other Microsofties from
| the Windows Mobile division were in line, planning to buy phones
| for competitive research.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,133634-pg,1/article.html

Once a thief, always a thief.

Related:

The Redmond Copying Machine?

,----[ Quote ]
| My recent video, which tweaked Microsoft for crowing about its
| "innovation" in Windows Vista (without acknowledging its huge debt
| to Mac OS X), triggered plenty of reaction. It probably comes as no
| surprise that your comments quickly devolved into "which is better"
| bickering, which will proably never end.
|
| [...]
|
| Then this e-mail message, which arrived today from a guy who says
| he worked as a Microsoft temp employee from 2003 to 2004. I've
| agreed not to publish his name.
|
| [...]
|
| "Around the corner was another grid, showing the RealPlayer
| application. This grid was the same: grid A1 was the front userv
| iew of the application, mirroring what was on the iTunes wall/grid.
|
| "Around the next corner was another grid, this one showing Windows
| Media Player version 9 !! This one was missing a few tiles in the
| grid, but you could actually see the progress as each feature [of
| iTunes and RealPlayer] was copied, square for square.
|
| "Amazing. New software is put out, a manager sees it and decides that the
| creative part of their day is making color screen captures of the
| software and presenting it to the copying--er, engineering team."
`----

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/12/18/the-redmond-copying-machine/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDNuq94Zg_8

Is Microsoft infringing upon Xerox, Apple and Unix intellectual property?

,----[ Quote ]
| Intellectual Property is a term widely abused in the software industry
| by firms such as Microsoft and SCO using it to scare people into not
| using certain products in favor of their own. This disparaging tactic
| has even been given a name: Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD). It seemst
| hat anyone nowadays can make bold, unsubstantiated claims of IP
| infringement without actually having any proof simply to hurt another
| products reputation and destroy healthy competition. In this article,
| we will explore what intellectual property is and why every computeru
| ser should care when unreputable companies abuse legal systems in
| order to gain an unfair business advantage.
`----

http://www.openaddict.com/page.php?27

The Apple vs. Microsoft GUI Lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]