[News] A Quick Look at Hackable Linux-based Setup Box

  • Subject: [News] A Quick Look at Hackable Linux-based Setup Box
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 06:56:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Neuros’ open set-top-box

,----[ Quote ]
| As already stated, the key differentiator of Neuros’ strategy is that the
| company actively supports developers who want to ‘hack’ the device to create
| new features. Last April, in an effort to cash in on publicity surrounding
| the AppleTV, Neuros wrote an open letter to those that had already begun
| hacking Apple’s set-top-box.
`----

http://www.last100.com/2007/06/28/neuros-open-set-top-box/

Related:

YouTube on the TV with the OSD

,----[ Quote ]
| Neuros is certainly not the only ones bringing net video to the TV, but we
| are probably the only CE company doing it with open source. Nowhere is the
| intersection between free software and free speech more obvious. If the
| connection between the internet and the TV falls into the hands of a
| proprietary vendor's closed solution, then the hard won free speech victory
| of he internet will fall far short of its ultimate potential.
`----

http://open.neurostechnology.com/node/905

Text-Based YouTube Video Player for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://hackedgadgets.com/2007/06/28/text-based-youtube-video-player-for-linux/