[News] Another Praise for the GNU GPLv3 and RMS

  • Subject: [News] Another Praise for the GNU GPLv3 and RMS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 06:42:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In praise of the GPLv3

,----[ Quote ]
| When Stallman released the final draft of GPLv3 on June 1, he told me he had
| decided to include a cut-off date in paragraph 7 of section 11 of the draft
| to make it possible for Novell to continue to distribute software covered
| under GPLv3 as part of its deal with Microsoft. In other words, the man was
| being merciful to a company which has sought to pervert the GPL. He was being
| anything but a software Talib (for the uninformed that's the singular of the
| collective noun Taliban).
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13253&Itemid=1091

Also see:

Moglen: "The Global Software Industry in Transformation: After GPLv3"

Talk here (needs patent-encumbered codecs to view, ironically enough):

http://www.archive.org/details/EbenMoglenLectureEdinburghJune2007StreamingVideo384kbits