Re: [News] 'Big Press' Descredits FSF, Defends Monopoly Abuser (OLPC Now in Talks with Intel)

____/ flyer on Sunday 01 July 2007 01:15 : \____

> In article <1200056.ucasuhJuzE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
>> ____/ flyer on Saturday 30 June 2007 10:02 : \____
>>
>> > Big press needs urgently to spend its resources in rebuilding its own
>> > shattered image.
>> >
>> > Does anyone ever listen to those losers anymore?
>>
>> _On average_, it is still more reliable than citizen journalism (e.g.
>> blogs). There are some publications you can trust because they don't publish
>> for their money and their friends.
>>

> Finding a big press organiztion who hasn't sold its soul. I think I would
> consider that nearly impossible. Some aren't *too* bad though.

I see that you reference The Register on occasions. The Register is
still /relatively/ fine. They take some Microsoft money for putting that
search bar and they slagged off the FSF at least once in the past. Still, it's
decent most of the time. I have a friend who knows the editors there and he
ensures they don't get misled by Microsoft's lobbying arms, such as ACT (and
trust me, they tried).

What happened to the guts?

,----[ Quote ]
| As noted above, there are exceptions, including Linux Journal,
| most other FOSS-centered publications and even The Register.
|                                                    ^^^^^^^^^
| But we're the little guys.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000173

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
Tasks: 109 total,   1 running, 108 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie