Re: [News] Has Microsoft Settled Down with Software Software Piracy in the East?

____/ Oldtech on Thursday 19 July 2007 16:47 : \____

> Though we are enjoying the posts about all of the spying ware embedded
> in Microsoft, and the hundreds of back doors open to our CIA, we are
> ordered to not comment on it, under penalty of the National Security Act
> and our debriefs acknowledgements from prior contracts to government.
>
> I will state that whatever you read in the news, it is a whole lot worse
> in reality.  You might note that the Chinese fork of Red Hat, known as
> Red Flag Linux, does NOT contain the NSA authored SELinux in the kernel.

I think it comes preinstalled on 30% of the PCs there, but I can't recall the
numbers at this moment. There are many links in the OP. Have you seen RFL on
Wikipedia? It looks like a perfect XP copycat (but in China trademark law is
weak). Last year, the government began to adopt Linux, but they say very
little about this in public.

Surely, they already have the ability to penetrate any US PC (they have
cyberweapons and they already snatched data from the White House) and knock
down merely anything with a botnet. They don't want to be equally susceptible
to attack from the States, so they looked at the source code of Windows and
then it was all down to diplomacy. They still have pro-FLOSS policies. They
launch low-cost Linux PC, which will make them technologically independent
(also at hardware level).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit