Re: [News] [Rival] New Microsoft Patent Shows That Mr. Orwell Was Right

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 18 July 2007 10:07 : \____

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070717-microsoft-patents-the-mother-of-all-adware-systems.html

> The bit about the user/customer/consumer having no control at all is
> perhaps fairly unsurprising!

They want to take spyware from the Web to people's desktops (wired or wireless
connection will do).

Sorry, Linonut, for I only /later/ realised it was a dupe. Even so, posting
such shocking things twice (even accidentally) is justified in this case. This
is the sort of eye opener (among more) that drive many people to Linux
immediately. Apple cannot be trusted either. I've seen some blog posts.
Windows users are disgusted by this.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
Mem:    515500k total,   217196k used,   298304k free,     1568k buffers