Re: [News] More Microsoft Delays Are Expected

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 18 July 2007 15:58 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Microsoft product groups back off February 'big bang'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft's product groups are quietly distancing themselves from next
>> | February's big-bang major launch event, unveiled by COO Kevin Turner last
>> | week.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/07/17/microsoft_february_launch/
>>
>> Home Server has just been RTMed.
>
>    Turner unveiled Feb. 27, 2008, as the trio's "big-dog" launch at
>    Microsoft's annual conference for partners from around the world,
>    hosted in Denver, Colorado. Microsoft's chief operating officer,
>    along with other Redmond execs, used the show to state the value of
>    partnering with Microsoft and of using Windows in the face of a
>    growing plethora of alternative online and offline platform choices
>    spanning Linux, open source, Salesforce.com, IBM, Oracle and Google.
>
>    It seems February will be used to reinforce this, with a blitz -
>    owing more to marketing than actual product availability - intended
>    to create some sense of shock and awe.®

He freezes the market, you see? Vapourware.

Vista (Lonhorn) will ship in 2003. We promise...

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Vista - Windows for zombies (and human beings)
Swap:  1510068k total,   373904k used,  1136164k free,    89704k cached