Re: [News] Microsoft Betrays Linspire (Already!)

Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>> Microsoft Strikes GPLv3 Software From Linspire Patent Deal
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft says software that's licensed under a new version of a popular open
>> | source license isn't covered by the patent protection deal it recently signed
>> | with desktop Linux distributor Linspire.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201001836
>>
>> Microsoft has already betrayed Novell. It happened a fortnight ago.
>
> Haha!  Hardly surprising, this.
>
> In case anyone hasn't realised, this has become Microsoft's anti-GPLv3
> campaign, ably assisted by various open-source luminaries, naturally.
>
> Microsoft's intent is that customer pressure will somehow force
> Linspire, Novell and others to avoid GPLv3, who will then somehow push
> back on the GPLv3 projects through forking or pressure to get them back
> onto GPLv2.
>
> It won't work, because they're trying to push a pyramid from the point,
> but it's an interesting attempt.

s/interesting/desperate/

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 10:24:11 up 17 days,  9:18,  3 users,  load average: 2.73, 2.54, 2.38