Re: Mircosoft's predatory response to GNU/Linux

> > 143. LindowsOS (now known as Linspire), which is developed and
> > marketed by Lindows.com, Inc., is an Intel-compatible PC operating
> > system based on Linux and which competes directly with Microsoft on
> > the. PC desktop. On information and belief, Microsoft interfered with
> > Lindows.com, Inc.'s ability to distribute its product through the OEM
> > channel. Microsoft also initiated a lawsuit against Lindows.com, Inc.
> > that adversely affected Lindows.com, Inc.'s ability to exist, obtain;
> > funding and conduct business.
>
> Of course MS sued the scamming, lowlife Lindows which was trying to hitch a
> free ride on the strength of MS' name.  You can't sink much lower than that.

I agree.  Only the scummiest of low life would do such a thing.  Like
when Microsoft named its new handheld product "Palm PC" in 1998 to
compete with Palm Pilot.  When Palm Pilot sued, Microsoft changed the
name to "Palm-Sized PC".

But not to worry.  If Microsoft had a few more projects like WinCE,
they'd be out of business.

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q1.07/50755EA6-A759-42FD-84ED-EBB5A060AF16.html