Re: [News] Dell Caught Making Controversial Remarks on Linux Laptops

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:42:22 +0100, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>125 million computers per year.  So, after a decade, we will have buried
>1 and 1/4 thousand million computers.  That's enough kit to cover most
>continents in one go.  The only hole to be patched is around persuading
>people that linux on older hardware is functional and effective, against
>the marketing monster of Microsoft.
 Its really a shame. Hopefully there are still a lot of old computers
around wating to revived with Linux. Espcially good are PCs in the
1 GHz range with 256 MB to 512 MB of memory. There seems to be quite
a few of these still around.