[News] More Older Macs Turned into Linux Boxes

  • Subject: [News] More Older Macs Turned into Linux Boxes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:01:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Turn your Apple IIe into a Linux terminal

,----[ Quote ]
| In this case, he runs a serial connection between a modern (everything is
| relative here) Gentoo distro and the ][e using ADTPro as a go-between. Hook
| up ADTPro on both, get the serial hooked up and running on both, install a
| term program on the ][e and then make sure everything can talk to each other
| (at 9600 baud-- remember baud? Oh those were the days), and voila, you've got
| an Apple ][e that can run a Linux distro.
`----

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/07/15/turn-your-apple-iie-into-a-linux-terminal/

http://www.worth1000.com/emailthis.asp?entry=392880

Yesterday:

A world apart

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://larrytheopensourceguy.wordpress.com/2007/07/14/a-world-apart/

| Earlier in a now-buried thread, Planet Mac/Apple Core a.k.a.
| "AppleWorld" member, Davin a.k.a. "Prey", asked if any of the
| companies running Linux on Apple PowerPC Macintosh Computers were
| relevant. So to answer that question I got a list of 100 of the
| many companies that are running one particular distribution of PPC
| Linux, Yellow Dog Linux in order to answer that question.
`----

http://community.livejournal.com/appleworld/1010792.html

YDL v5.0 for Apple PowerPC Delivery Schedule

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/ydl/delivery.shtml