Re: [News] Microsoft DRM is Kaput, Demonstrating the Fundamental Weakness of the Approach

____/ John Bailo on Sunday 15 July 2007 19:46 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> FairUse4WM v1.3 Fix 2 promises Vista, Zune DRM stripping
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | After months of eager anticipation, it looks like either Viodentia has
>> | finally come out of hiding, or s/he's passed the torch on to another
>> | (Doom9 forum user Divine Tao?) -- but either way it looks like MS DRM IBX
>> | components up to version 11.0.6000.6324 are good to go with the latest
>> | version of FairUse4WM, v1.3 Fix 2...
>
> I use Rhapsody which is based on MS DRM.
>
> I can't count the number of times I had to delete the msc.rma file to
> get the thing to work because it was throwing some message about "device
> not compatible" or "wrong license type".
>
> And I don't think it has anything to do with the hard stuff of
> encryption, it's just Microsoft being able to supply a database of
> information inside it's OS -- the file just gets corrupted because of
> sloppy programming on their part.

So why do you buy Defective by Design music? To be honest with you, I never
encountered any form of DRM, not even in eBooks. Encryption is not for access
control, it's for privacy.

Linux is like a girlfriend; try to stick to one distribution for a lifetime
 20:05:03 up 29 days,  1:33,  7 users,  load average: 0.71, 0.59, 0.98