[News] Firefox Derivative Fails to Impress

  • Subject: [News] Firefox Derivative Fails to Impress
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 07:16:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Thoughts on Flock 0.9

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally, I will remain with Firefox as I prefer the simple, bare bones
| layout with only my bookmarks and I have no problem with visiting Flickr to
| view photos instead of opening Flock’s media bar - especially considering I
| am not exactly restricted in screen real estate. To put it in other words,
| maybe I’m just not the right target user? In example, I only bookmark
| interesting things on del.icio.us maybe once every two weeks.
`----

http://paulstamatiou.com/2007/07/11/thoughts-on-flock-09/

This shows that fear of forks is not necessarily justified.

Related:

Flock 0.9 lands gracefully

,----[ Quote ]
| The Flock project has been building a "social Web browser" since 2005.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/114656

Flock: social browser gets significant update

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/social/?p=236