Re: The Linux counter is up again

____/ ml2mst on Friday 13 July 2007 11:31 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz schreef:
>> ____/ ml2mst on Friday 13 July 2007 08:06 : \____
>>
>>> The Linux counter was down for a while, due to technical problems, but
>>> today I checked out and it's on line again *Yeehah*
>>>
>>> Share your pride with the world and get your GNU/Linux boxes counted ;-)
>>>
>>> http://counter.li.org
>>>
>>> With kind regards,
>>>
>>> Marti van Lin
>>
>> These counters are pointless and they possibly do more harm than good. I
>> wrote about them last week and got a lot of feedback. :-)
>>
>> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/09/1424259&from=rss
>>
> Thanks for the link and according to /some/ answers it makes the counter
> somewhat questionable. Shoot I always thought it was a reliable source.
> Guess I was wrong again :-)
>
> Actually I haven't updated my record for quite some time. Guess
> according to the counter record, one of my machines is still running
> openSUSE. Well, erhm its *not*. Inspired by www.boycottnovell.org I
> dropped "da thang" and use Kubuntu by now and I'm very happy with it
> (love apt-get 'nd stuff) :-)
>
> Cheers and keep up the good work!
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Marti van Lin (yet another COLA lurker) :-)

The other day I saw another blogger who moved to Kubuntu and said the decision
was "inspired by boycottnovell.com". Very cool.

I personally chose to install Ubuntu and install kde on top of it a month ago.
It's the PC that I use at work.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
Mem:    515500k total,   444120k used,    71380k free,     1428k buffers