[News] Dell Could Make a Real Difference for GNU/Linux in New Zealand

  • Subject: [News] Dell Could Make a Real Difference for GNU/Linux in New Zealand
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:37:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Want Linux pre-installed? Don’t hold your breath in NZ

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://m-net.net.nz/1758/latest-news/latest-news/want-linux-pre-installed-don-t-hold-your-breath-in.php

| McKeon said obviously Dell Australia would be watching what happens
| in the US, and the local office is keen to make Linux machines available.
|
| "It's something we'd definitely like to do ... we have a sizeable
| Linux community in Australia particularly in Canberra and Adelaide."
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/hardware/soa/Dell-release-Linux-on-PCs-only-in-US/0,130061702,339277928,00.htm

Linux Rolls On [to other countries]

,----[ Quote ]