[News] [Rival] Apple's Latest DRM Device Shows Security Weaknesses

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple's Latest DRM Device Shows Security Weaknesses
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:45:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
iPhone Hackers: "we have owned the filesystem"

,----[ Quote ]
| The kooky hacking kids over at IRC channel #iphone claim to
| have gained full ownership of the iPhone filesystem. In an
| update titled "How to Escape Jail," they highlight the
| technical steps required to enable custom ringtones,
| wallpapers and more for your iPhone.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/10/iphone-hackers-we-have-owned-the-filesystem/

Opinion: Hackers watch for mobile opportunities

,----[ Quote ]
| What a world. We have to fight off viruses, zombies, bots,
| phishing, and on and on. Can you believe how many just plain
| evil people there are in the world? And what is their point?
| Simple thievery?
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/07/12/Hackers-mobile-opportunities_1.html#823373337402285839

~100 bug/security fixes released for Mac OS X

Anti-DRM T-Shirt Design Contest: The Winners are…

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/anti-drm-t-shirt-design-contest-the-winners-are/